The net control station and/or ARES officials on the designated emergency net will provide additional instructions, including information on frequencies used for other resource and tactical nets. Normally, a resource net will enroll volunteers and provide information on how you can assist.
- Be prepared to operate. Check all equipment and connections.
- Check in with your assigned contact. Deploy to assignment with “Ready” kit.
- Obtain tactical call sign for your location/assignment.
- Initiate personal event log.
- Enter assigned frequency(s) on log sheet and on emergency/frequency plan.
- Use log form to record messages handled.
- Use a formal message form when a precise record is required.
- Use tactical call sign for your location, and observe FCC’s 10-minute ID rule.
- Monitor your assigned frequency at all times. Notify NCS if you have to leave.