RadioMail 1.1 - Access Winlink amateur radio email system on iPhone or iPad
I've been using the RadioMail app on both my iPhone and iPad for a couple of weeks now and have been very impressed with the features it provides.
RadioMail provides access to the Winlink amateur radio email system. Compose, read, and reply to messages from anywhere.
A valid amateur radio license is required to use this app.
- NETWORK ACCESS・Send and receive messages via telnet using the main Winlink server or through the Amateur Radio Emergency Data Network (AREDN).
- RADIO ACCESS・Pair your phone with a VARA modem or KISS packet modem via WiFi or Bluetooth. Radio control can be setup through rigctld. Note: RadioMail requires a running version of the VARA modem to be available on your connected computer. For packet mode, the Mobilinkd and Dire Wolf packet modems are supported. Up to 2 digipeaters can be configured when connecting in packet or VARA FM mode.
- STATION DIRECTORY・Station details are automatically retrieved from Winlink and organized by proximity based on your current location. Add custom stations for peer-to-peer connections. Note: Peer-to-peer connections are outbound only.
- FAVORITES LIST・Add stations to your favorites list and quickly access them by modes and bands when ready to initiate a connection.
- PHOTO ATTACHMENTS・RadioMail makes it easy to share photos with other users. You can access your phone's camera directly from the app, or attach photos from your photo library. The app automatically optimizes images to reduce the transmission time. When you receive an attachment, you can preview it and add annotations if you like. You can also save attachments to local folders or iCloud, or share them via other apps.
- POSITION REPORT・Use the phone’s internal GPS to automatically provide an accurate location for position reports. Position reports are posted to the Automatic Packet Reporting System (APRS) network.
- NOTIFICATIONS・RadioMail allows you to receive notifications when new messages come in while the app is running in the background. This means you don't have to constantly check for new messages - the app will automatically fetch them for you. Note: this feature is only available for telnet connections.
- ADDRESSES・Send or receive messages with your primary Winlink account, tactical addresses, or secondary accounts. Seamlessly send messages to Winlink and regular email addresses. Look up contacts from the address book and access their email addresses when composing messages.